Death

To the world you may be a celebrity, an icon or even a billionaire. But to the angel of death you're just another name on the list, just another litter to pick.

Death. Strong word isn't it? It is strong enough to convince me not to think of a fancier heading for the blog. It's one of the worst thing that happens. You die, your loved ones cry.

Your life is just a movie intermission. Buy popcorn, drink coke, but just be prepared to go home. Because that's the painful part of death. Dying is something you need to move on with. We're all grenades. Excepting the fact that one day we're going to blow up is an art. It's something you realise when you're dying. When you're on your death bed you think I have to die. I am the burden on Earth that has to be removed. Welcome death this time with open arms, or don't it's your choice. Either way the movie has to end.

What all of us hate about death is that fact that it when your loved ones die, you're affected. Because the someone you loved becomes a memory, and the memory becomes a treasure.  And believe me you only understand death when he puts his hand on your loved ones.  I read once that there are 3 ways to kill yourself. (I don't really know if this blends with the context but I really wanted to put it)
1. Burn cigars everyday. You'll die 10 years early.
2.Drink alcohol everyday. You'll die 30 years early.
3. Love someone who doesn't love you back. You'll die everyday

I don't know what I am going to write ahead will make sense to all of you. But think about it. And believe me, it'll make sense. At least it did to me.

Out there in the world everything seems so so much brighter. But this life is not what we wear, not what who we behave as, not what we eat, not in which star hotel we live, but who we are. Who we are is what determines where we go. So whether you wear the clothes of Madame or from Sadar Bazar, either ways you have to die.

That's one way of seeing it. The other way seeing it is not caring of what lied ahead. Living your life the way you want. Considering the fact that one day you're gonna die, so better live your life the way you want to.

This is contradictory but this is what I follow. I believe that we should live our life the way we want to. Because when you're on your death bed, a second away from leaving this world, you will think I wish I'd done this. So tell them you love them, hold on to each memory a little longer, squeeze her hand a little tighter, kiss a little longer, drink a little more, drive a little faster, travel where you want to so that when you're a second away from dying you don't regret anything. So that you can die, welcoming the angel of death with open arms.

Life asked death once.
Why do people hate me, but love you?

Death responded
Because you are a beautiful lie, and I'm a painful truth.
*Life smiled*
*Death smiled back*


-Vanya Duggal

Comments

Popular Posts