Only I fell in love

I think holding it was as if it sent a shock of satisfaction down my nerves and up my spine. It was as if the feeling of incompleteness I felt was filled. I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the cello. The way it was carved and the way the C-bout spelt beauty, was something no one or nothing could replace.

The curves of the cello were almost like that of a woman right down to the linoleum. For a good hour it just rested between my knees. And my arms held the bow as if it belonged there, as if the creases of my arm, the wrinkles, the spaces fitted with the bow. It was as if the cello made me a better person. I could never do justice to this piece of beauty, that I could never outshine it, and it would always outshine me. The cello became a part of me that day. The feel of the vibrating C string on my heart and how when I close my eyes today I still imagine myself, alone, sitting there with the bow sliding across the bridge and my hands almost numb while caressing them through the fingerboard, it's something I'd never feel. It's something that I can never feel because the way I feel about this, is undeniable. It's like playing the cello lit up my heart with stars and stardust dancing through my soul.

I can't find words to write right now, but I simply just can't forget how desperate I was to hold the little piece of  delicacy which gave me strength. No exaggeration but I fell in love with the cello. I was in love with it and playing it just reminded me of how my love for the harmony and beauty of the cello was undeniable and simply just beautiful.

I think the bow connected the cello to my heart. It understood me, it understood me in a way just a few people did. It was as if it saw right through me, exposing me to only itself. The one hour I held the cello between my knees, was the best hour of my entire life, not speaking hyperbolically.

The cello defined love to me. It's music, it's passion, it's stature, every inch of it spelt love to me. I've never been in love before, until now. It kindled my passion for it, urging it to stay alive. And when I completed the piece of music, I thought I'll let go, only I fell in love.

-Vanya

Comments

Popular Posts