Us

"You can love someone and let them go."
- Thirteen Reasons Why (Season 2 episode 13)

There's always a point of time in one's life when we have to let someone go. Letting someone go, could be death, or just the simple fact that they're going far away from you. And it's hard to watch someone go. Because we can't imagine life without them. We might fight with them, cry with them, beat them up, but they matter.

I think we all heard about Thirteen Reasons Why's second season coming up as every add on youtube and some of you must have watched it on television too. I have myself loved the show and read the book. It took me about 3 days to complete the second season (for those you who don't know about it, read my first blog on it. I'll link it below) and it was amazing. It was a different realisation.

We should let people go. Because a relationship or friendship is proved when the distance increases. It's like distance is what makes people, relationships stronger. And the greatest thing someone can do is let them go. Because they'll come back if they were meant to stay. And if they don't, then they weren't meant to stay.

You're not strong if you held on too tight to someone. Because letting go and still surviving is way harder than just clinging on. Because people come into your life to make you learn how to let go. People leave. And what's left behind, what you have to cling on to is your love for them. It's the memories, the passion for them. Clay Jensen let Hannah go. He had no choice. He still loved her. Still saw her everywhere, still lived with her.

"Stick some stones will break your thrones, but love will linger on." And stick to it, because I've seen people leave and still lived without them. I've let loved ones go, and still loved people. But just because they left doesn't mean I don't love them anymore. We must move on. It's the irony of life. There are things that we don't want to happen, but we have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but we have to learn and people we can't live without, but have to let go.

And I'll let you go. And I'll still love you. I'll love you even if we're in different corners of the world. I'll still love you. The distance will never matter to me. It'll make me stronger. It'll make us stronger. And I've already let you go. But I still love you. Because you once told me don't cry if you're scared you're going to lose someone, get going so that you can work to not lose them.

-Vanya

Link to the first blog of 13 reasons why- http://vanya9.blogspot.in/2017/06/what-if-only-way-not-to-feel-bad-was-to.html

Comments

Popular Posts