Y.O.U

"When you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse?"
-Chris Martin.

They always said live your life the way you want to. They always say don't give a damn about what they might think. But they never understood that people actually matter. We live for the people we love. We do what we think the people we love might like. We lose ourself when we do deeds for people.

It's a huge topic, but sometimes this huge topic narrows down to just a few words- When you care for people, do everything for them, can you not expect them to do something for you in return?
I mean, come on. Who are we trying to kid? We live the 21st century where no one ever cared for anyone but themselves. And that's how I've been raised up. No one ever cared for others. Yet what I read, what I believe or atleast what I want to believe contradicts it all. And if nothing above made sense to you, you're probably experiencing yourself in my boots.

I lived for everyone I cared about, did everything they wanted me to do, wore what they wanted me to, wore the shoes they told me to, tuned my life so as to it became their's. Held myself back and when I tried to be myself, they always shut me up. The people I loved contradicted my love for them. I ripped myself into pieces so as to keep the people who mattered a whole. I did it quietly, but the chains rust too.

I want you to imagine. Imagine there was once a girl who has a body. A body who wakes her up everyday and makes her wear clothes and takes her from point A to point B. But it's like it's not her's anymore. It's like she never let herself belong to that body because everything that body did, she didn't want to. It was like the body she thought was her's was actually just the chains that held her back.

That's what it's like to not be yourself. That's who I was. But the chains did rust. And she broke them. So for any of you that found this relatable I'd just say there's no statute of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself everyday. Be the girl who walks barefoot and listens to the blues. Tomorrow, wear a trench court and speak fierce truths. Be a Phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you have to be who others wanted you to be.

"When you love someone, but it goes to waste, could it be worse?"
 No

-Vanya

Comments

Popular Posts