THE movie with THE debater

Me or them? 

First things first. I do NOT have Netflix. So if you think these blogs are aesthetic because I'm blogging about Netflix movies, you're so wrong. I don't have Netflix. I either have people's Netflix passwords or I just watch Netflix movies on YesMovies.

So here's one of the other movies I watched with a really good debater, probably the best debater I've met. And the movie? It was amazing to another extent. So this movie's called 'Candy Jar'. It's about how we lost ourselves somewhere following the convention road. And yet we never notice the little things we come across. Like love. Like dipping french fries in a milkshake. All the little things. Because people who don't get into their dream school yet do something. Their life doesn't end.

Being a debater, and more over loving watching people debate, it was amazing watching this movie. It was even better watching the movie with the person I disagree the most. I won't mention the name, because I'm not that good. But this person brought out the debater in me. This person and I make the best debater team even though we debate among ourselves only.

The characters in the movie, didn't get into their dream schools, Harvard and Yale. But they got so much more. They found out, that when we debate we don't debate to win. The best thing for a debater isn't to win. It's to feel the adrenaline rush out when you debate. As each word rolls of our tongue, we fall more in love with disagreeing. It's like, this row we get into, it's so much more than just holding a trophy in our hand. It's falling more in love with the topic. It's like the percussion of the words are music.

So this movie, taught me so much. It taught me to dream for where I want to be. But it taught me to love my subjects. It taught me definitely to disagree more, because that's what we do the best ;)
Candy Jar, was one of the best movies I've watched. It was more of a realisation. Because an age group like mine, we're still stuck in the fork in the road. Convention or passion? Mom's hopes, dad's expectations or my dream? Finance or vigour? Me or them? 
Because all thanks to this person I got to watch the movie with
I'm sure of the answer
Me

Comments

Popular Posts