I dream my painting and paint my dream

After a lot of thinking and motivation I will finally be able to tell you my journey of painting. Since I was 3 I had this passion to draw. Drawing. I spent many nights dreaming myself paint like Raphael and Van Gogh. But I know that all those nights went in vain. I can't paint like these Gods of painting. I mean painting like Raphael and Van Gogh is like bring life back to the dead. Which means it is impossible.


So more about my passion to paint. I loved drawing. Even without knowing how to hold a pencil. I remember the times when the couriers used to come. They always used to come packed in this brown paper. I used draw on them. With just a pencil. Don't get me wrong. I am not appreciating my drawing. My drawing used to look like crap.

I never lost hope you know. Every Christmas I would make cards for my grand-mom and cousin. Post it to them.  My mom taught me how to draw a Christmas tree which actually looked like one. I still get tears in my eyes when I remember the times mom used to hold my hand and teach me how to draw.




I never thought I would learn to draw well. Until I came across this lady who is now my teacher.  She is more than a mere miracle. She taught me to draw. She taught, I learnt.  That inner artist came alive and hasn't slept in the last 8 years. I just loveee drawing.  What would be better to let your hair loose pick a canvas and just paint whatever you want.  I still remember my first drawing.  It looked stupid but it was an art. It took me 8 years to paint like a mere artist but a lifetime to paint like a child.

The above glimpses  you see is not only my hard work.  It is my teacher's and my hard work.  She literally held my hand and taught me to draw and still does. And her hard work sent my paintings to a Delhi exhibition. So I would like to thank a few things. First to Shubha ma'am to teach me how to draw. She taught me that no matter how bad you draw I can teach you to draw awesome.   And secondly my  childhood. For the so called  mater pieces that I can still picture. That's it for now. Stay tuned for more people!


- Vanya Duggal ;)

Comments

Popular Posts