Where am I ?

She opens her eyes. Hacksaws, scalpels, tweezers, bandages, and other scary tools of medicine were her only surroundings. My name is Nancy. Only Nancy she thinks. I don't know where I am or where I am from. She lay on the stretcher with throbbing pain her head. Her temple was hurt and a wound on her cheek.

Take me home is all she can think of. She lay patiently with some clothes on. She wore a pair of blue pants with a red shirt which had a slightly torn hem. Two people enter with a syringe in their hand. Scared and apprehensive she shuts her eyes tight. " I know you're awake Nancy" says a deep voice. It was a male voice and it seems that he had been crying.

She doesn't open her eyes. Apprehension can control your senses you know. A thin needle is inserted in her neck. She jerks slightly but then calms down. She opens her eyes and there stands a young guy. He won't be more than 15.
His charm makes Nancy want to say something. But it was too late. She closes her eyes and the flashback starts. She is standing in a balcony with summer air. The sun is high up in the air. My name is Nancy she thinks. I-I and over.

Back on the strecher there she lay with her eyes closed. Sound reaches her ears. She has passed the test. Send her with Jace. She needs climb the death stairs now. She has to greet death as a friend. That's what's best for the world.........


- Vanya Duggal

Comments

Popular Posts