So lost

He asked 
"You're in love, what does it feel like?"
To which I replied
"Like everything you've lost comes back"

Ruined cities and splattered blood. The scene almost looked like I had adapted to it. The dark clouds, rain, crushed cities as if they were graham crackers. It's funny because this was the same city that saw the brightest smiles and cheerful children swinging and catching butterflies. It's peculiar because this was the same city where we sat on the beachside, catching fireflies and picking shells out of sand and taking out hair accessories off my curled hair. It's scary because these graveyards are like they've come to life now. Like the scarecrows on the field seem to scare the little girl away. Like now there are no butterflies children might catch, but vultures running to catch whatever happiness still roamed the ruins and the ashes and the dust.

I looked for you in the ashes, below the boulders and above the skies. I think you're somewhere so far, that I can never get to you. I skip through the stones and trip over the rusted iron and broken glass. Will I ever make it out of here? Are you right here? Can I not see you? Will I ever find you? My brain feels so diffused of memories of us right now that I'm like Nemo in the lost ocean. Thorns prickle my feet now. I walk barefoot in a white dress and hair all loose.

Come back. We'll re-make the citadel, and paint the skies blue. We'll join the glass and on the coldest days, we'll make fire. I'll be here. We'll make it through. Don't let go of me. Hold on to me. Please let me find you. We'll make it through.

I asked 
"Did I not love him enough?"
To which the wind replied
"You can love someone and yet let them go"


Comments

Popular Posts