Void

Do you remember the night the moon dropped from the sky?
And we ran through the forest to see where it lie
I was tripping on tree roots, slipping on snow
You were telling me to not let go
When we found it there were twigs in our hair
A rose on our cheek and our breath in the air
And our words to describe were caught in our throats
And it's silver light danced through the thread of our coats
You knew that our eyes had not seen such a view
For you were looking at it
 I was looking at you

 The lightning struck yet again today. It scared me a little more. I woke to the sound of the lightning and it was fear that first struck me. The fear of not having your chest to bury my head anymore. I was so scared. If it were a few weeks back, you would still be there, even if you weren't. Today there was a void, empty. In my heart, in my bones. And I needed you.

Why weren't you be there?
Why didn't you remember this day?
Why didn't you stay?
Oh my love
Why didn't you stay?

Comments

Popular Posts